Tips for 5 Inch Gutter
1. Anything over 40 ft should get 2 downspouts.
2. Try to avoid having the main roof downspout fall onto a lower roof.
3. To increase water flow add a bigger 3x4 downspout.
4. Spread out hidden hangers (gutter fastener) every 2 ft or less.
5. Always check fascia wood to ensure gutters will fasten securely.
When You Might Consider Using 6 Inch Gutter
1. Any small sections of a home that gets a massive amount of water
2. If you have a lot of trees surrounding your home, bigger gutters and downspouts could help eliminate some clogging. (Important note: They do not prevent all clogging but they could help with smaller debris.)
3.When you need long seamless pieces of gutters and only want a few downspouts (For example: 90 ft gutter and only 2 downspouts